Saturday, March 27, 2010

Anyone have a spa recommendation for Duluth area?

I%26#39;m looking to pamper the ol%26#39; lady on an upcoming stay in Duluth. Looking for a place she can get a good massage and perhaps some other amenities at a decent price with a nice atmosphere, perhaps a nice view.





I see there is a place right in Canal Park, but I thought I%26#39;d check for recommendations so I can lower the chance I%26#39;ll get ripped off.





We%26#39;ll be as far north as Grand Marais exploring but it would be best if the place was near Duluth or even Two Harbors.





Gracias.



Anyone have a spa recommendation for Duluth area?


A girlfriend and I had a good time staying at Fitger%26#39;s and getting a half-day of spa treatments at Shear Katz Day Spa, which is just down the hall. You get discounts on massages, etc., and also Aveda products when you stay at Fitger%26#39;s. There are shops (also brewpub, nightclub and dinner theater)under the same roof . . . the ladies like it. Details at ';Spa stay on the cheap,%26#39;%26#39;



midwestweekends.com/plan_a_trip/family_frien…





Beth at MidwestWeekends.com



Anyone have a spa recommendation for Duluth area?


I%26#39;m sure there are many good ones in Duluth, have you checked CitySearch.com?



…citysearch.com/yellowpages/…page1.html





Also, I don%26#39;t know if you have any flexibility, but there%26#39;s a gem of a place in Grand Marais. Actually it%26#39;s 31 miles north in Grand Portage - Sweetgrass Cove. It%26#39;s a 1-unit B%26amp;B, the owner is a wonderful chef and masseuse. His rates are extremely affordable and he%26#39;s excellent. There%26#39;s also a sauna %26amp; jacuzzi hottub on your own private deck and it%26#39;s located on the Lake Superior shoreline.





Talk about pampering, I%26#39;d suggest this instead if you have that as an option.




Yep, definitely Shear Katz in the Fitger%26#39;s complex





www.shearkatz.com




Based on the date of the original post, I am assuming you already had your spa experience here, but for anyone else, I have a few suggestions as I am a massage therapist and am up on the cleanest, best trained and most reasonably priced staff at local spas. Like the others stated, Shear Katz in the Fitgers Complex (600 E Superior St) is probably the best, followed by Elysium Spa (22nd Ave E %26amp; London Road); University Barbers (Kenwood Ave %26amp; Arrowhead Road) has some really new techniques (water/steam massage)...there is another salon I don%26#39;t know much about but it just opened right downtown in the Technology Village (Lake Ave %26amp; Superior St) called JustinPaul. The owners are great and I%26#39;ve heard nothing but great things about their service.





It%26#39;s becoming harder and harder to find massage clients so I am no longer really working in the spa industry, but I know a lot of people who do, if you have any other questions I can refer you to some great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment