Saturday, March 27, 2010

nicollet mall on a saturday

Any advice on what to do during the day with a 10 yr. old girl. Is it safe to walk and shop. Where is a good place to eat dinner? I have read a little on the area, but many places seem more for adults. Also, can we safely walk to the metrodome from the convention center area?



nicollet mall on a saturday


I would say Nicollet Mall is more adult-oriented in terms of restaurants and attractions. But it is definitely safe to walk and shop. Window shopping, Gavidae Common, Crystal Court, etc. As safe an area as you can get in the city, I%26#39;d say.





Block E is not terribly far away -- has a few more kid-friendly options there for eating. And a movie theater.





Also, as for walking from Convention Center area to the Dome, I%26#39;d say no. Taxis are plentiful, though, and $5.





If you do walk, make sure to walk down Nicollet Mall to 6th Street and take a right and head that way. Lengthens the walk a little but keeps you in the safest area.



nicollet mall on a saturday


Thanks! I thought since I was paying for parking at my hotel, I%26#39;d walk to the dome. I%26#39;m not sure if it would be better (easier) to pay the taxi or pay to park again at the dome??? I have a suv, so parking isn%26#39;t the easiest.




My little sister loves the public library and the St. Anthony Main areas.





You know, depending on the time of day, I feel very safe walking to the Metrodome from the convention center. Yes do stay on Nicollet, and you could walk to light rail on 5th St (little sis loved that too) which goes straight to the dome. I just wouldn%26#39;t be out there when it%26#39;s late - say after 10 or when there are no other people on the sidewalks.





As for restaurants, Buca is always a riot (I don%26#39;t usually recommend chains but kids make things different). There is a great food area in the Macy%26#39;s basement called The Cellar. They have EVERYTHING you can imagine, so your child will not be disappointed. I eat there regularly. My coworkers grandkids love Andrea%26#39;s Pizza. I%26#39;m not sure why, maybe because it%26#39;s in the skyway %26amp; overlooks the street? But they do have great pizza cheap - 811 LaSalle just off Nicollet. And it%26#39;s also really fun to pick up something quick and people watch outside on Nicollet at lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment