Saturday, March 27, 2010

Good shopping other than MOA?

My girlfriends and I will be staying at Graves 601 in July and are thinking of spending our afternoon shopping. We are looking for a place with boutique clothing shops. Nicolette Mall is nearby, right? Should we go there, or is there somewhere we%26#39;d like better? We could drive somewhere. Thanks!



Good shopping other than MOA?


Ok...I should have said I%26#39;m talking about a Saturday afternoon.



Good shopping other than MOA?


if you%26#39;re already downtown -



check out the Gavidae Common - they have Nieman%26#39;s %26amp; Saks, and a few other smaller stores.





http://www.gaviidaecommon.com/





Then in Edina next to the Southdale Mall is the Galleria -





http://www.galleriaedina.com/




In July I would head to downtown Wayzata, about 12 miles west on 394 from downtown Minneapolis. I would book a table for lunch at Sunsets on Lake Minnetonka via www.opentable.com and walk around the lakeside shopping area. www.wayzatachamber.com will give you a listing of the retail/restaurants in the area. If you need more ';mall'; type shopping, you pass right by a large regional mall on 394 called Ridgedale Mall and they have the usual stores.




Nicollet Mall is a couple of blocks away but you will mostly find national chains (e.g. Macy%26#39;s, Gap, Banana Republic). For boutique shopping, I would recommend 50th and France in Edina.





www.50thandfrance.com/business.php鈥?/a>




I would agree with those suggestions already made. However, to be honest, I%26#39;m a stereotypical guy and not much of a shopper (I even have a relatively low threshold for shopping at ';guy stores'; like Home Depot, though better then Ikea). That said, I throw out a few ideas and welcome other posters to elaborate, agree or disagree with my suggestions. I%26#39;m only going off some memory of what might be good ideas:





Northeast Minneapolis: A block from Graves is Hennepin Avnenue. Follow the one-way traffic over the Mississippi River and you%26#39;ll be on East Hennepin Avenue. There are some boutique-type shops, though not a huge amount if memory serves me correct. Check out www.northeastminneapolis.com for ideas of what%26#39;s there.





Uptown Minneapolis: an area south on the same Hennepin about 3 miles is Uptown. Some definite boutique shopping options, plus dining and gets you near a number of Minneapolis%26#39; famed lakes. www.uptownminneapolis.com









Grand Avenue: in St. Paul, but fits the bill for boutique shopping, and lots of historic buildings/houses in the area. www.grandave.com





There%26#39;s a few ideas from this relative non-shopper...




I can only defer to my wife, who likes shopping Nicollet Mall for the Off Saks location. Women seem to dig it. She dragged me through there a few times and it%26#39;s always full of women looking for deals.




Personally, if you%26#39;re here to shop upscale in July, I%26#39;d got to either Grand Avenue or 50th %26amp; France. Real neighborhoods with great local personality. Northeast is a great area but it%26#39;s somewhat spread out. North Hennepin area has a few great places to shop, but I go there more for amazing food %26amp; drink.





Wayzata is another great suggestion but it%26#39;s about 20 minutes out. You%26#39;d want to nab one of those coveted patio seats early to beat the crowd! Although I don%26#39;t know if that%26#39;s possibly on a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment