Saturday, March 27, 2010

Light Rail to Marquette?

Hoping the regulars know which stop I should get off at. Also, how long does it take from the airport to downtown area?





Thanks!



Light Rail to Marquette?


Nicollet Mall Station.





Exit and walk down the more pedestrian friendly Nicollet Mall (hotel address is on Marquette Ave but you can enter through Crystal Court off Nicollet Mall).





Just get off the train (which stops just before Nicollet Mall) and be careful crossing the street. It%26#39;s essentially a left from the direction your train was heading if you were coming from the airport.







walk down Nicollet Mall 2.5 blocks. Piece of cake.





Enjoy. Marquette is a nice hotel.



Light Rail to Marquette?


Also, it takes approximately 45 minutes from downtown to the airport




Other posters info seems correct other than perhaps a little long on the time from airport to downtown. If you go to www.metrotransit.org and look up the Hiawatha Light Rail info (and then go to the map for the train), it shows approximate travel time between stops, which I calculate 23 minutes. Add 1 minute per stop for 11 stops and you%26#39;re at 34 minutes. I suppose 10 minutes isn%26#39;t all that much to quibble over, just know it may be a little less.




wouldbeworldtraveler - you are correct that actual ride takes less than 45 minutes. But for whatever reason, whenever I catch the train from the airport, I usually have to wait at least 10 minutes.




I do have to admit, when I%26#39;ve taken the train, I also seem to get to the station right after a train left, thus I seem to wait those same 10 minutes. That said, allowing 45 minutes probably isn%26#39;t a bad idea - that would be your more likely ';worst case scenario'; under normal circumstances.




Thanks everyone! I%26#39;m so happy the weather will be sunny next week. :)


  • laser cartridges
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment