Saturday, March 27, 2010

Casual bars to have a few drinks and relax

We are staying in Minneapolis this weekend for my friend%26#39;s birthday. It has been a few years since we have been to the bars in downtown. Any suggestions for a few casual places to drink and hang out(we are all in our 30%26#39;s).



Casual bars to have a few drinks and relax


More relaxed places like the Local and Brit%26#39;s should fit your age range and the casual factor. Especially Brit%26#39;s upstairs on the patio, watching lawn bowling. I wouldn%26#39;t try going any time after 10 on a weekend night because of the crowd, but otherwise a great choice. Nice to have a table, so keep the eyes out for one.





Also, I think the rooftop at Solera would be nice. I just have a thing for outdoor beveraging. what can I say?





Lyon%26#39;s Pub is usually pretty casual too.



Casual bars to have a few drinks and relax


I should clarify that I wouldn%26#39;t show up after 10 and expect to get a table. But it%26#39;s certainly a fine destination. Brit%26#39;s that is.





Good people watching and good selection of non-Anheuser Busch and Miller products.





I usually make it a night between the Local and Brits. I think the Local is the better bar in general but Brit%26#39;s has that rooftop patio.




O%26#39;Donovan%26#39;s by Target Center



Brits on Nicollet Mall



(check for outdoor tables on 2nd %26amp; 3rd floor)



the Local on Nicollet Mall



Mission on 7th %26amp; Margette / IDS Crystal Court



Rooftop at Seven



Hell%26#39;s Kitchen




or .. something new - Foshay Tower new W Hotel 27th Floor ';Prohibition'; bar





there%26#39;s corner staircases that take you up to small rooms with chairs / couches / pillows - overlooking the rest of the bar




I%26#39;d second Lyon%26#39;s Pub, and add Kieran%26#39;s Pub and maybe Gluek%26#39;s as long as it%26#39;s not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment