Thursday, April 8, 2010

April Conference

I will be in Minneapolis for a conference in April. I really want to stay at the Minneapolis Hotel-Doubletree, but it might be too far from the convention center. I read that it is connected to the skywalk, though. I%26#39;m wondering is it safe to walk day and night at the street level and skywalk?



April Conference


your hotel is close to a skyway link.





downtown is pretty much safe day or night - just have your wits with you when you walk at night - be wary of your surroundings.





3rd Avenue is a pretty busy street - consider walking up/down that route, or just a few buck taxi ride.





that hotel is brand new and getting rave reviews



April Conference


Thanks. Are taxis easy to grab ... like NY or Chicago?




You%26#39;re in a fine area to access the convention center. If you can stay in the skyway later at night, that would be recommended. The area NW of the center (when looking out the main entrance from inside, it%26#39;s the streets/neighborhoods to the left.) got some bad media last winter but I haven%26#39;t heard anything this year.





Just use common sense and be alert, you should be fine. Taxis are usually all over downtown if you need them. I can usually always flag one within a couple minutes when downtown.





BTW, if the weather%26#39;s nice, go to the other side of the black and enjoy the rooftop patio at Brits... it%26#39;s a great place to soak up fresh air and atmosphere.




I got married at The Millenium Hotel and I think that has to be the closest hotel to the Convention center. The Hyatt is close as well. There is a cute hotel called The Ivy which looks awesome and is also within walking distance. You can get a cab or have the hotel arrange one for you easily. If you stay at those 3 hotels about you should be just fine walking. Have a nice trip!




there should always be taxis in front of your hotel %26amp; the conv. center, if not, here%26#39;s one # I have programmed into my phone - for Red %26amp; White Taxi





612 871 1600




Ha, I have the same number in my phone. I always try Red/White first.


  • bright makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment