Thursday, April 8, 2010

hotel suggestions very close to Mayo Clinic?

I%26#39;m going to the Mayo Clinic for work in mid April for 1 week. I%26#39;m hoping to find a nice hotel that is easy walking distance (or ideally connected) to the Mayo Clinic. Also, I know weather can vary, but what is it usually like in mid April? Thanks in advanced!



hotel suggestions very close to Mayo Clinic?


Hey-I%26#39;m doing a similar search; I%26#39;m at Mayo for tests 1/22-1/24 and have been researching hotels/motels. So far, Kahler Inn and Suites seems really nice. Approx. 85/night and joined by subway or skyway I believe. It%26#39;s worth looking into.



Good luck.



WI2Rochester



hotel suggestions very close to Mayo Clinic?


Hey-I%26#39;m doing a similar search; I%26#39;m at Mayo for tests 1/22-1/24 and have been researching hotels/motels. So far, Kahler Inn and Suites seems really nice. Approx. 85/night and joined by subway or skyway I believe. It%26#39;s worth looking into.



Good luck.



WI2Rochester




dali67: Thank you!!! I%26#39;ll look into it. Any other thoughts????




Hey-



I have booked my room at Kahler Inn %26amp; Suites; I arrive there tonight. I will give you the complete ';low-down'; when I get back home Thurs. I have looked at SO many hotels/motels, compared, etc.



What are you looking for in a hotel? The most important amenities, location, etc? Also, price range? I%26#39;ll be happy to give you ideas on the others I looked at online.



Amy




I%26#39;m looking for something clean, room service, fitness center, pool, hot tub and/or sauna would be nice (at least fitness center). Location is important to me; ideally walking distance (connected) to the Mayo Clinic. I%26#39;m going to try and find out where my training takes place before I book a hotel. Shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic would be great. Any information since your trip would be great! I thought about the Staybridge Suites? Price range ideally less than $200.00 per night ($150.00). Thanks!




I made a great choice with Kahler Inn %26amp; Suites due to the reason I was there; I didn%26#39;t need most of the amenities (even though Caribou Coffee right inside the hotel was awesome!). I think for you, based on what you%26#39;re telling me- Kahler Grand Hotel sounds like the ticket. Go to www.kahler.com, click on Kahler Grand Hotel.



The rates range from about 100-150/night. Looks like for 140 or so, you can get an awesome room. The amenites listed include a fitness center, sauna; 24 hr room service; and a pedestrian walkway directly linked to Mayo (it%26#39;s super close) so, I don%26#39;t think a shuttle is even needed.



Let me know if you need any help; I did SO much research.



Amy :)




Question for dali67



I am going to Mayo in May for 3-7 days...I have booked the Kaher Inn and Suites because of the location, suite and kitchenette. We really get tired of restaurant food and a nice omlet or salad at night is comforting.



My question...were the beds comfortable?



I looked at the Residence Inn but would have to book two rooms to get two beds unless we used the sofa bed. I am familar with the Marriott Residence Inn chain but not Kahler.



Thanks for any information.






Hi-From what I recall of my stay, the beds were comfortable. A very decent room for the price. I was by myself, but ended up in a room with 2 double beds. They must have been ok, I had to spend a lot of time laying down while I was there. Nice atmosphere, too. A big plus was Caribou Coffee being right there when you walk in the door of the hotel (and also a nice sandwich shop); Also, if there is no parking available in their lot, they will reimburse you if you have to park in a paylot (I parked in the graham parking garage). If you do end up choosing Kahler; the cheapest rate is the ';internet special'; for 80/night.



-



Let me know if you think of any other questions at all.



:)amy




In the generic sense of the OP topic (but far to late to matter for that post) but for future topic readers looking for options....





My wife and I stay in Rochester every couple months or so for her checkups and surgeries to fix up a paralyzed arm. On a tip from my father who takes my Mom there for checkups on a condition she has we have been staying at the Travelodge. It is not as convenient as the places connected to the subway (underground walkways) but given the size of Rochester and the availability of free shuttles the difference in price can be considerable for a little convenience.





The Travelodge has a clinic rate of about $52/nt. The most surprising thing is that it has been largely remoodeled and somewhat rebuilt in the past several years. Rooms have expanded in size where they moved the outside wall on one side out to incorporate what used to be a balcony. The rooms are clean with fairly new furniture etc... Some rooms have mini-kitchens but all have small refrig and microwave. The third floor rooms (yes, on elevator ';?';) facing the highway are huge. There is an indoor pool w/hottub too. Breakfast is very basic...muffins, cereals, fruit, etc... not too good if doing an Atkins lifestyle but OK for anyone else.





Attached is a Famous Dave%26#39;s BBQ restaurant and across the street are a Perkins and a shopping Plaza with grocery.





It is in very easy distance (a few blocks) from St. Marys Hospital and maybe a 4 minute drive to the Clinic. Actually for anyone from amny places (like NYC) where walking is normal it would not be that bad of a walk either (a mile?). But, again, shuttles run all day and are free. Even after hours a shuttle to St. Marys would leave a 4-5 block walk.





Considering that the one time I stayed downtown, for wife%26#39;s shoulder replacement at Methodist Hosp. , at the Kahler Executive for $80/nt the extra $30 a night is a lot for the convenience of being on the subway. When we go down again in a few weeks we%26#39;ll be at the Travelodge again.




May be a little late, but I%26#39;ve had good luck at the Holiday Inn Express. It is also attached to the skywalk system. And those cinnamon rolls . . .


  • bright makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment