Saturday, April 3, 2010

Where to propose marriage Downtown MPLS...not a restaurant

I want to propose to my girlfriend and am going to book a room at a hotel downtown. I don%26#39;t want to propose in the room. I need some help on a good private location not at a restaurant. She will be on a scavneger hunt throughout the day and I can%26#39;t figure out how to end it. Any buildings with roof top access? Any parks or romantic places?Any help at all is appreciated, I don%26#39;t want to mess this up!!



Where to propose marriage Downtown MPLS...not a restaurant


I%26#39;d consider the Merriam Street Bridge. I%26#39;m a bridge but -- I think they%26#39;re special places. It%26#39;s the bridge that connects Nicollet Island with St. Anthony Main. You can probably search it on Google Images.





I think that would be a place benign enough that she wouldn%26#39;t see it coming. If you get up to a rooftop she%26#39;d be able to sniff it out. I%26#39;ll think on it more. But really, anywhere around St. Anthony-Main and the flour mill loop, including Stone Arch bridge, should work. I think Merriam St. Brdige would be less crowded than the Stone Arch. But your call.



Where to propose marriage Downtown MPLS...not a restaurant


uhhh, I mean I%26#39;m a bridge NUT




Thats good advice. I do like the area around the stone arch bridge. I have the feeling that it is not going to be a big suprise as she will be doing things all day to get to the point where I ask her.





Any other advice?




There%26#39;s also the green space that is Boom Island Park, with view of the skyline. But that%26#39;s technically not downtown -- across the river. (But then again so is St. Anthony Main.




the outside observation deck on the Foshay Tower - the new W hotel ?





if you book a room, you can go up for free.





if you are just visiting, there%26#39;s a small charge





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foshay_tower




How about the endless bridge at the Guthrie Theater. Looking out over the river . .. .





Might not be quiet though.




What about during a carriage ride on Nicollet Island?





I like the idea of the endless bridge at the Guthrie, it%26#39;s been pretty quiet whenever I go there. Maybe go during showtime so the patrons are in the theater?





The W and Foshay Tower are VERY romantic with lots of cubbies to snuggle





I really love W River Road just below the new I35 Bridge. When it%26#39;s lit up at night, it%26#39;s stunning. And a little further down it%26#39;s gorgeous right below the Weisman Museum. We%26#39;re always riding there in the summer with the top off, it%26#39;s sublime.





Something that might throw her off is the balcony at Mill City Museum, although you%26#39;d have to check hours to see if they%26#39;re open late, which they are at times.




I like the idea of a carriage ride, and also the Foshay - some other ideas outside of downtown would be Lake Calhoun or Lake Harriet, Como Park, and there%26#39;s several places along River Road, too.




You could go the Minneapolis Institute of Art or Walker Art Center and identify some work that would be significant for your relationship or show that you know her better than anyone. What are her interests/passions?




The Indian Mounds in St Paul have a great view down the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment