Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wedding Resort Weekend in Central MN?

I am planning my wedding, and would love to do a weekend at a resort where I can have my ceremony on-site, and there are many activities to entertain my guests. It will be a smaller wedding, hopefully well under 50 guests (keeping my fingers crossed). I want to do it sometime in the summer where swimming, boating, canoeing, cook-out, etc. are all options. I am not looking for sometime at the top of the price list, but I want something nice with excellent staff. I would like more around the Brainerd area, but am open to suggestions.





Thanks,



Kate



Wedding Resort Weekend in Central MN?


Grandview Lodge in Brainerd has a nice outdoor area for a ceremony. It%26#39;s designed for such an occasion. It%26#39;s a tasteful outdoor area with lake view and an outdoor patio as well.



Wedding Resort Weekend in Central MN?


Also, Breezy Point in Nisswa might have what you%26#39;re looking for. Probably not as nice on the lodging front, but it%26#39;s right on the lake. I can%26#39;t confirm they do weddings but they%26#39;d be crazy not to.




I second Grandview Lodge. It%26#39;s got the best of both worlds - the old up-north lodge feel and also modern units and a great spa. I attended a 3-day conference there and was very impressed. The friends I send there love it. It%26#39;s an easy drive from the cities in case you have folks flying in. Have a great day on your wedding!




Thanks so much for the response! I have looked at the Grand View Lodge%26#39;s website, and liked what I saw. It is nice to hear it recommended, I will definitely look into it further now!




I%26#39;d throw Madden%26#39;s Resort into the mix. Near



Grandview, but at the other end of the lake. Seems bigger, and maybe more corporate, but a very nice place.

No comments:

Post a Comment