Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hotel close to Excel Energy Center

Going to a Wild game in March and looking for a hotel near by. Or maybe a hotel that has a shuttle to the center. Thanks for any input.



Hotel close to Excel Energy Center


I always recommend the Holiday Inn, great location, good remodel and fun bar on the first floor.



Hotel close to Excel Energy Center


Holiday Inn River Center is across the street,



and the St. Paul Hotel, Crowne Plaza, %26amp; Hilton Garden Inn are within walking distance.




Thanks to both. I%26#39;ll check it out. Downtown you were right on about Graves 601 earlier this year, thanks.




Count me in for Holiday Inn recoomendaation.





By far the best location and near the nightlife on West Seventh. Most of downtown SP%26#39;s nightlife (with the exception of a few places like Alary%26#39;s) after Wild games is on West Seventh.





And as mentioned, the Liffey is a fantastic bar. Don%26#39;t think of it as a hotel bar. It%26#39;s a beautoful place with a nice patio that might (MIGHT) come into play in March. Depends on the weather. But even if that area is closed, the bar is worth a visit just to check out the layout and woodwork. Head down to McGovern%26#39;s for the majority of the game crowd and cheaper drinks, though.




Yep...not that you needed it, but I%26#39;ll throw in my recommendation for Holiday Inn River Centre. Doesn%26#39;t get any closer to the X, and as a former HI employee (different location), I can tell you this HI always had high guest satisfaction survey scores.





I have not been to the Liffey, but have always heard good things about it.




As a member of the Hilton Honors guest program, I stayed at the HGI a few months back. I found it to be a nice hotel, too, but several blocks further away.




If you do stay at that Holiday Inn, walk down the block, to the west, and get some pizza at Cossettas.





SOO GOOD !!!





http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3716661191




I%26#39;m heading back to see a game next winter (loved the Energy Center and want to see it again) and had a question about accomodations also.





I can%26#39;t remember if it was St Paul or a different hockey town (pretty sure I was going to a wild game though), but is there some type of skywalk thing that connects a bunch of buildings in St Paul?





I remember staying at a hotel a few years ago, walking through different hallway type things, then coming out and the Energy Center being right there.





Like I said, it may not have been seeing a Wild game, but I think it was. If this is right, does anyone know the hotel(s) that are connected to the skywalk?




One can get around St. Paul via the skyway system though to get from the main DT are of St. Paul to the X requires one to actually go through a tunnel under Rice Park - it basically connects the St. Paul Hotel to the downtown library and the X.

No comments:

Post a Comment