Thursday, April 8, 2010

snowmobling

Anyone out there? How long does the season last and where and how much can you rent machines for? Also I heard you need a special license? Any info. would be great



snowmobling


I am not an expert but have heard friends talk about a permit or ';trail sticker'; for your sled. I do not know if you can rent, maybe some resorts? The only thing I do know is they have good snow. My son just got back from snowmobiling just north of Brainerd and said they had 12-18 inches of powder. I will also submit, the season lasts as long as the snow. We can get some heavy snows in late March, so it all depends on the weather.



snowmobling


We%26#39;re going over spring break which is the last week. I will keep my fingers crossed.




I%26#39;m assuming you%26#39;re heading north? I%26#39;d ask the area lodging or visitor%26#39;s bureau you%26#39;re considering for more information. Then get all the info you need from the rental provider.





FYI, I think you also need to up your insurance or purchase special for that rental. In the past, the insurance was too expensive so we nixed the idea.





I would also think snow would be good thru March, but past then is a tossup. Spring is very unpredictable, so a reliable trail resource would be to your advantage. Check the local snowmobile clubs or DNR for where you%26#39;re going.




Thank You, I have the information on the trails and the area. I guess we will hope the snow stays up there so we can enjoy them or at least go tubing. Justing getting away will be nice.




http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=HG0fD-PX69A

No comments:

Post a Comment