Thursday, April 8, 2010

plus size shopping in/near rochester

Hi Hope someone can help me with this, my husband will soon be spending a few days in rochester and I am hoping that he will be able to do some shopping along with work. I would love to get a warm outer coat, similiar to ski-wear for me as I would be a 3x or 4X size the only options in Ireland are mens wear and look very unfeminine. I have googled and like the range from Juonia but they don%26#39;t seem to have any stores. Is there any stores that would stock womens outdoor gear in the area?



Thanks



plus size shopping in/near rochester


Apache Mall in Rochester has a large number of stores (all connected indoors) and I suspect many (especially the major chain stores) will have some items in those sizes.





Store listing:



www.apachemall.com/mallmap.asp…





Most will have a good stock of outdoor wear....especially on days like today when it is well below zero F (something line -25C).





Visited neighboring Cork last April on a very much too short cruise ship stop. Gotta go back, gotta go back!!!



plus size shopping in/near rochester


thank you for thst information, I will point him in that direction.





next time you are in ireland, try clogher beach, where my name comes from, about 9 miloes from Dingle county kerry and the best place ever!




It looks like Apache Mall has Lane Bryant and Catherine%26#39;s, two specialty stores for plus sizes. I often shop at Kohl%26#39;s and Penney%26#39;s for stuff in these sizes. I noticed that this page has an advertisement for Fashion Bug, and they have a store in Rochester at NW Plaza, Hwy 52 and 55th Av NW.





I%26#39;ve found that finding coats and jackets in plus sizes can be rather difficult unless one shops before the season begins or early in the season. It%26#39;s too bad there isn%26#39;t a Burlington Coat Factory in Rochester because they have a larger selection. Of course, at this time of year if one finds something, it might be considerably reduced in price. In any event, good luck!




There is a new strip mall on the very southern side of Rochester called Shoppes on Maine. There is a ';Catherines Plus Sizes'; store there. I%26#39;m not sure what they offer. Take broadway south towards Stewartville and take the 48th street SW exit. Over the bridge to your left.





Also, if you have a car you may want to check out the Phenomenal Woman Consignment Shop in Zumbrota (maybe 30 minutes if the weather is decent). They specialize in nice used clothing sizes 14 and up. Check Mapquest for directions...there is nothing but fields on your way there so you may want to keep that in mind.


  • bright makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment